Checklist for completing DIY Property inspection
During property viewings, it’s a good idea to spend around half an hour to one hour for the inspection. Here are some things you can do:
- Make sure windows and doors open smoothly.
- Check walls and ceilings for dampness or mould.
- Look out for sagging ceilings or bulging walls, which could mean structural issues.
- Lift carpets to check floorboards for damage.
- Test all taps and see how long it takes for hot water to come through.
- Flush toilets to make sure they’re working properly.
- Gently shake plumbing under sinks to check stability and look out for rusted areas or other damage.
- Evaluate the age of the hot water system and look out for moisture in wet areas.
- Test light switches, examine the fuse box, and check if there’s an Earth Leakage Safety Switch present.
- Assess roof condition along with gutters and drain pipes.
- Inspect exterior walls carefully.