Have you wondered what your property is worth in today’s market? There are many different ways to find out the value of property these days, including an agent appraisal, a bank valuation and other desktop valuations. Just type in “How much is my house worth?” and select an automated valuation model that appeals to you. Points to consider when asking, how much is my house worth?
- Property type, (e.g., house, townhouse, strata title etc)
- Land size and location
- Comparable sales of similar homes recently sold nearby
- Number of bedrooms, bathrooms, garages
- Condition of the home
- Quality of the build
Builders and home renovations
Builders can add value to properties in a variety of ways, depending on the type of property and the goals of the owner. Here are some of the most common ways builders add value to properties:
- Renovations and remodels: Builders can help property owners identify areas of their home that could be improved with renovations or remodels. This can include updating kitchens and bathrooms, installing new flooring, adding additional living space, or converting unused spaces into functional areas.
- Upgrading fixtures and finishes: Builders can also help to upgrade fixtures and finishes throughout the property, such as replacing old appliances, updating plumbing fixtures, installing new lighting fixtures, or adding new cabinetry.
- Energy-efficient upgrades: Builders can help property owners make their homes more energy-efficient by installing insulation, upgrading windows and doors, adding solar panels, or replacing old HVAC systems with newer, more efficient models.
- Adding outdoor living spaces: Builders can also help to create outdoor living spaces, such as decks, patios, or outdoor kitchens, which can increase the property’s appeal and value.
- Structural improvements: Builders can help property owners make necessary structural improvements, such as repairing a damaged roof or foundation, updating plumbing or electrical systems, or replacing old or worn-out structural components.
- Customization and personalization: Builders can also help property owners personalize their homes, creating unique and custom features that meet their specific needs and desires.
Overall, builders can add value to properties by improving their functionality, energy efficiency, and aesthetic appeal, as well as making necessary structural improvements. By working with a builder, property owners can identify areas of their property that could be improved and create a plan for upgrades and renovations that will enhance the property’s value and appeal.
Tips and suggestions to increase a property value
- Renovations and upgrades: Renovating your property can significantly increase its value. This includes upgrading the kitchen or bathroom, adding extra rooms, updating flooring or lighting fixtures, or enhancing outdoor living spaces.
- Landscaping: A well-maintained garden or backyard can add significant value to your property. This includes maintaining lawns, planting trees and shrubs, installing a garden bed or irrigation system, and creating an outdoor entertaining area.
- Energy efficiency: Improving energy efficiency in your property can be a significant value-add, such as installing solar panels, double glazing windows, insulation, or energy-efficient appliances.
- Creating additional living spaces: Adding extra living spaces to your property can also add value, such as a granny flat, a garage conversion, or an extension.
- Property maintenance: Regular maintenance of your property, such as cleaning gutters, replacing damaged roofing, repainting walls or fences, and repairing any leaks or damages can also help to maintain the value of your property.
- Location: The location of your property plays a significant role in its value. Factors such as proximity to public transport, schools, shops, and other amenities can positively impact the value of your property.
- Styling and staging: Styling and staging your property can help to increase its value. This includes decluttering, adding furniture and decor, and making necessary repairs to create an appealing and welcoming atmosphere for potential buyers or renters.
- A fresh coat of paint – Simple really, yet an easy and cost-effective way to refresh the look of your home while adding value.
- De-clutter and increase storage space – Add shelves and extra cupboard space, and also adding hooks on the back of doors is another simple convenience often overlooked.
- Install gas heating and appliances – Installing gas cooktops and ovens add value to any kitchen and are also energy efficient.
- Freshen up kitchen and bathroom – Consider painting tiles if they need a new fresh modern look. Think of replacing handles and taps to also elevate the appearance of the bathroom or kitchen space, and even upgrade the vanity if it’s outdated. Sometimes you don’t need a complete renovation to enhance the appearance of a room, it just takes a few little freshen ups.
- Improve the outdoor area – Consider a nice outdoor entertaining area by adding some shade, a barbeque and some nice seating. Many people often look for a nice outdoor entertaining area these days.
- Build a granny flat – It is becoming more and more common for families to live together in Sydney. It is cost-effective to split the cost of living and appeals to large families. This is something to consider if you have a large enough block and will add good value to your home.
- Extension – Simple! The bigger the home, the more value. Whether it be an extra bedroom or an extra living space, it is something to consider.
Using a real estate agent
Real estate agents do not directly increase the property value, but they can help property owners to maximize the value of their property by offering professional advice and guidance on the real estate market. Here are some ways that real estate agents can help property owners to increase the value of their property:
- Accurate property valuation: Real estate agents can help property owners determine the accurate value of their property by conducting a thorough assessment of the property’s features, condition, and location. This can help property owners to set a realistic price for their property that reflects its true value.
- Marketing strategies: Real estate agents can help to market the property effectively to potential buyers, using a range of marketing channels such as social media, online listings, and traditional advertising. This can help to attract more potential buyers, increasing the chances of a successful sale.
- Home staging: Real estate agents can provide advice on home staging, which involves making the property look its best for potential buyers. This can include decluttering, depersonalizing, and rearranging furniture to create a more welcoming and appealing space.
- Negotiation skills: Real estate agents can help property owners to negotiate the best possible price for their property by using their knowledge of the market and their negotiation skills to secure the best deal for the property owner.
- Identifying areas for improvement: Real estate agents can provide feedback on areas of the property that could be improved to increase its value, such as making repairs or upgrades, landscaping, or improving energy efficiency.
Overall, real estate agents can help property owners to maximize the value of their property by providing professional advice, accurate property valuations, effective marketing strategies, and negotiation skills. By working with a real estate agent, property owners can increase their chances of a successful sale and achieve the best possible price for their property.