Building Inspection Watsons Bay
Buying a home or building a property in Watsons Bay
At Clear View Property Inspections, we understand the importance of a thorough and reliable property inspection in Watsons Bay. With years of experience in the field, our team of highly qualified inspectors is dedicated to providing you with the most accurate and comprehensive assessment of your property. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and commitment to delivering exceptional service in the Eastern Suburbs and Watsons Bay surrounds.
Watsons Bay has always been very popular with one of Sydney’s best beaches, close to CBD, restaurants and cafes. Common building inspection issues in Watsons Bay, Sydney, NSW include structural defects such as cracks in walls or foundations, water damage and leaks, electrical issues such as faulty wiring or inadequate grounding, plumbing problems like leaks or drainage issues, and pest infestations. By identifying these issues during our inspections, we aim to ensure that you are aware of any potential risks or costs associated with the property.
Watsons Bay Building Inspection Services
Several types of building inspections are commonly conducted in the suburb of Watsons Bay:
a. Pre-Purchase Building Inspection: This inspection is done before a property is purchased. It identifies any existing or potential issues that might not be visible to the untrained eye, such as structural defects, pest infestations, and moisture-related problems.
b. Pre-Sale Building Inspection: Similar to a pre-purchase inspection, property sellers conduct this type of inspection to address issues before listing their property for sale, ensuring transparency and potentially enhancing the property’s marketability.
c. New Construction Inspection: These inspections occur during construction to monitor compliance with building codes and standards, ensuring that the property is built safely and to a satisfactory standard.
d. Dilapidation Inspection: This type of inspection is often carried out before construction or development occurs on adjacent properties to assess and document the condition of neighbouring properties. It helps prevent disputes by providing a baseline for any potential damage claims.
Our building inspection services cover all areas of the property, including the foundation, roof, walls, electrical and plumbing systems, and any other potential areas of concern. We use the latest tools and equipment to ensure our inspections are accurate and comprehensive.
Surrounded by a variety of homes, old and new, it truly is a dream area to live in! The biggest issue we have identified is the older properties, whether renovated or not have fundamental issues. This is limited subfloor access, poor ventilation, dampness, poor site drainage and termite issues.
Watsons Bay is an affluent and picturesque suburb located in the eastern suburbs of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Here are some details about the demographics, social, and economic factors of Watsons Bay:
- As per the 2016 Australian Census, the population of Watsons Bay was 1,433 people.
- The median age in Watsons Bay is 44 years, which is higher than the national median age of 38 years.
- The majority of residents in Watsons Bay are Australian-born (70%), with other significant groups including those born in England, New Zealand, and South Africa.
- The suburb has a relatively high proportion of older residents, with over 30% of residents aged 65 years or over.
- The median weekly household income in Watsons Bay is $2,100, which is significantly higher than the national median weekly income of $1,438.
- Watsons Bay is a predominantly residential suburb with a village-like feel, featuring a range of boutique shops, cafes, and restaurants.
- The suburb is located on the southern headland of Sydney Harbour and features stunning views of the harbour, the city skyline, and the ocean.
- The area is popular with tourists and locals alike, particularly during summer when visitors flock to the beaches and the famous Doyles seafood restaurant.
- The suburb is also home to a number of parks and recreational areas, including the picturesque Robertson Park, which hosts community events and festivals throughout the year.
- Watsons Bay is a relatively affluent suburb, with a high proportion of residents employed in professional, scientific, and technical services and health care and social assistance.
- The suburb has a relatively low unemployment rate, with just 2.7% of the workforce unemployed as of 2021.
- Property prices in Watsons Bay are among the highest in Sydney, with a median house price of $5.5 million as of 2021.
- The tourism industry also supports the local economy, with a range of accommodation options and attractions drawing visitors to the area.
Overall, Watsons Bay is a desirable and affluent suburb with a strong sense of community and a focus on lifestyle and leisure. Its picturesque location, proximity to the city, and high-quality amenities make it an attractive place to live or visit, albeit with a high cost of living.
There are also many opportunities for buying older-style properties and doing renovations. We can help identify key opportunities and ensure you do not buy a money pit. Many apartments are quite old and require lots of ongoing maintenance; keep that in mind when considering an apartment. When considering a renovation, keep in mind the busy streets, and lack of parking as this will be a big hurdle to overcome. Trades need parking, and materials and bins must be delivered and picked up regularly. Costs can blow out quite quick.
At Clear View Property Inspections, we will provide you with a detailed building inspection with an easy-to-read report which will identify all major and minor defects. We will use the latest technology equipment like our equipment below. Termatrac T3i (identify termites in-between walls with the latest sound waves technology).
Clear View Property Inspections are fully licensed Builders and Fully licensed and experienced pest management technicians meaning we can also help with trades and estimates on repairs plus treatment of active termites and prevention services to keep your home safe.
Building Inspection Watson Bay
Our Watsons Bay building inspection services benefit:
- First time home buyers
- Experienced property owners
- Property investors
- Commercial buyers
- Builders and contractors
- Body corporates
- Building managers
At Clear View, we offer peace of mind with our Watsons Bay building inspection services. We can do it all with a friendly smile. We are the most trustworthy building inspection company in Watsons Bay.
Watson Bay Building Inspection Services
Our Watsons Bay building inspection services include:
- Pre-Purchase Building Inspections
- Pest and Termite Inspections
- Pool Barrier Certifications
- New Build Inspections
- Drug Residue Inspections
We’re independent of the buying and selling process or building process which means we offer a true third-party inspection to ensure your home is safe and that you’re getting exactly what you’re paying for – nothing less.
Watsons Bay Building Inspection Market Report
Watson’s Bay has, over the last couple of decades, been seen by a portion of the mainstream market, as a suburb that is too distant from the city. In recent times, water taxis, improved ferry services and private jetty pickups have increased the suburb’s accessibility. The top four sales in the last 10 years involved only two families (the Vidor and Blank families). 2 Pacific Street was sold by Alan Vidor (Toga / Medina) in 2009 for $16.4M. One year previously Vidor purchased two adjacent properties, 20 & 22 Pacific Street, for $24.9M from Peter Gell, who had owned the property for his entire life, and Mark Schwarzer, Australia’s most famous international Soccer player. Vidor went on to build one of the two best properties in Watsons Bay, enjoying large waterfront land, jetty, modern design & Harbour Bridge views. Vidor claims they will live there forever. 4 Pacific Street was sold by Vaughan Blank in 2008 for $22.5M so he was free to buy 23 Victoria Street for $28.1M (The Grace family’s deceased estate). On this landholding, he built one of the most significant homes in Sydney. Alan Vidor was in fact the underbidder on this sale. When he missed out he pursued the 20 & 22 Pacific Street site where he resides today.
Choosing Clear View Property Inspections for your building inspections in Watsons Bay, Sydney, NSW comes with a range of benefits. Some of the benefits include:
- Experienced and Qualified Inspectors: Our team of inspectors has years of experience in the industry and is highly trained and qualified to conduct thorough inspections.
- Comprehensive and Unbiased Reports: We provide detailed reports that cover all aspects of the property, highlighting any potential issues or areas of concern.
- Latest Tools and Technology: We use state-of-the-art equipment and technology to ensure accurate and reliable inspections.
- Peace of Mind: Our goal is to provide you with the peace of mind you deserve when making a property investment.
Watsons Bay Property Inspection Market Development
Watsons Bay is a prestigious and sought-after location in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs, and as such, the real estate market in the area has seen significant growth and development in recent years. Here is an overview of the real estate market development in Watsons Bay:
- Property prices: Property prices in Watsons Bay are among the highest in Sydney, reflecting the suburb’s exclusive location and high-end lifestyle. As of 2021, the median house price in the area is $5.5 million, and the median unit price is $2.2 million, according to realestate.com.au. This represents a significant increase from just a few years ago, with prices having risen by around 70% since 2015.
- Supply and demand: The demand for property in Watsons Bay continues to outstrip supply, particularly for houses and larger properties with water views. This has resulted in a competitive market with high demand levels and limited available stock, which has driven up prices.
- Luxury properties: Watsons Bay is home to several luxury properties, including waterfront mansions and historic homes. These properties command high prices and are in high demand among high-net-worth individuals and international buyers.
- Development activity: Despite the limited availability of land in Watsons Bay, there has been some development activity in the area in recent years, with several new luxury apartments and townhouses being built. These developments are aimed at the high-end market and have contributed to the overall growth of the real estate market in the area.
- Rental market: The rental market in Watsons Bay is also strong, with high demand levels for rental properties and relatively low vacancy rates. As of 2021, the median weekly rent for a house in Watsons Bay is $2,200, while the median weekly rent for a unit is $975.
Overall, the real estate market in Watsons Bay is highly competitive, with strong demand and limited supply driving up prices. The exclusive nature of the area, combined with its stunning location and high-quality amenities, make it an attractive location for both buyers and renters, albeit with a high cost of entry.v
Watsons Bay is a prestigious suburb located in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, and as such, development opportunities in the area are limited. However, there have been some notable construction projects in Watsons Bay in recent years. Here are some of the major construction projects in Watsons Bay:
- Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel: The Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel is a well-known landmark in the area, located on the waterfront at the southern end of the suburb. The hotel underwent a major renovation in 2012, adding new accommodation, dining, and event spaces. The hotel’s iconic beer garden was also redesigned, providing visitors panoramic Sydney Harbour views.
- Dunbar House: Dunbar House is a historic mansion on the headland of Watsons Bay’s northern end. The building was originally built in 1830 and has undergone several renovations and extensions over the years. In 2010, the building underwent a major refurbishment, which saw a new function space and outdoor terrace, providing visitors with stunning views of the harbour.
- Harbour Views apartments: The Harbour Views apartments are a luxury residential development located on Pacific Street in Watsons Bay. The development comprises six spacious apartments, each with panoramic views of the harbour and the city skyline. The apartments feature high-end finishes and state-of-the-art technology and were designed with the high-end market in mind.
- Coastal Walkway: The Watsons Bay Coastal Walkway is a new addition to the area, providing visitors with a scenic walking trail that stretches along the coastline from Watsons Bay to Bondi Beach. The walkway includes a number of new pedestrian bridges and lookout points, providing stunning views of the harbour and the ocean.
Overall, while the development opportunities in Watsons Bay are limited, some notable construction projects in recent years have helped enhance the area’s appeal and provide new opportunities for residents and visitors alike. These projects have largely focused on enhancing the area’s natural beauty and heritage, while also catering to the high-end market that Watsons Bay is known for.
Last month Watsons Bay had 0 properties available for rent and 0 properties for sale. Median sold prices over the last year are $6,500,000 for houses. Based on five years of sales, Watsons Bay has seen a compound growth rate of 39.0% for houses. Clear View Property inspections can help you with your next building inspection and report.