Building Inspection Strathfield
Inspecting a home and building a property in Strathfield
Welcome to Clear View Property Inspections, your trusted partner for comprehensive and reliable building inspections in Strathfield, Sydney, NSW. At Clear View Property Inspections, we understand the importance of ensuring your property’s safety and structural integrity. With years of experience in the industry, our highly skilled and qualified team is committed to providing you with a thorough and professional building inspection that will give you peace of mind and valuable insights into the technical performance of your building. Our primary goal at Clear View Property Inspections is to assist you in making informed decisions regarding your property’s maintenance and upkeep. Why is a building inspection important? A building inspection is crucial for ensuring the safety and longevity of your property. It provides you with detailed information about the condition of your building, identifying any potential issues or areas that require maintenance or repairs. By conducting a building inspection, you can proactively address these issues before they escalate into costly and potentially dangerous problems.
Strathfield Building Inspection Services
Several types of building inspections are commonly conducted in the suburb of Strathfield.
a. Pre-Purchase Building Inspection: This inspection is done before a property is purchased. It identifies any existing or potential issues that might not be visible to the untrained eye, such as structural defects, pest infestations, and moisture-related problems.
b. Pre-Sale Building Inspection: Similar to a pre-purchase inspection, property sellers conduct this type of inspection to address issues before listing their property for sale, ensuring transparency and potentially enhancing the property’s marketability.
c. New Construction Inspection: These inspections occur during construction to monitor compliance with building codes and standards, ensuring that the property is built safely and to a satisfactory standard.
d. Dilapidation Inspection: This type of inspection is often carried out before construction or development occurs on adjacent properties to assess and document the condition of neighbouring properties. It helps prevent disputes by providing a baseline for any potential damage claims.
Originally an older area, it has had many developments due to its popularity. Many homes have now had major renovations, extensions and additions. Many homes have been knocked down and rebuilt, and new development in apartment buildings. Unfortunately, we have noticed that many properties that look beautiful at face value have major defects due to poor renovations and developments. We have identified structural cracks, poor site drainage, and rising dampness to name a few!
Strathfield is an inner-western suburb of Sydney, approximately 12 kilometres from the Sydney Central Business District. It has a diverse demographic makeup is known for its strong sense of community and cultural diversity.
According to the 2016 census, Strathfield had a population of 25,905 people. The median age of residents was 34 years, which is lower than the national median of 38 years. Most residents (59.5%) were born in Australia, while the remaining population consisted of individuals born in countries such as China, Korea, India, and Lebanon. Other than English, the most common languages spoken in the area include Mandarin, Korean, Arabic, and Cantonese.
Strathfield is known for its vibrant and diverse community, which strongly focuses on family and community values. The suburb has some parks and recreational facilities, including Strathfield Park, the largest park in the area and features a playground, sports fields, and picnic areas. The suburb is also home to several community organizations and cultural groups, which help to promote social cohesion and cultural diversity in the area.
Strathfield is a relatively affluent suburb, with a median household income of $2,063 per week in 2016, higher than the national average. The suburb has a mix of commercial and residential properties, with some small businesses and shops located along the main streets, such as The Boulevarde and Liverpool Road. Strathfield also has some large shopping centres, including Strathfield Plaza and Strathfield Square, which provide a range of retail and entertainment options for residents and visitors.
In summary, Strathfield is a diverse and culturally rich suburb of Sydney with a strong sense of community and a mix of residential and commercial properties. The suburb has a relatively affluent population, focusing on family and community values, and provides recreational and cultural opportunities for residents and visitors alike.
At Clear View Property Inspections, we will provide you with a detailed building inspection with easy-to-read report which will identify all major and minor defects. We will use the latest technology equipment like our equipment below. Termatrac T3i (identify termites in-between walls with the latest sound waves technology).
Clear View Property Inspections are fully licensed Builders and Fully licensed and experienced pest management technicians meaning we can also help with trades and estimates on repairs plus treatment of active termites and prevention services to keep your home safe.
Building Inspection Strathfield
Our Strathfield building inspection services benefit:
- First time home buyers
- Experienced property owners
- Property investors
- Commercial buyers
- Builders and contractors
- Body corporates
- Building managers
At Clear View, we offer peace of mind with our Strathfield building inspection services. We can do it all with a friendly smile. We are the most trustworthy building inspection company in Strathfield.
Strathfield Building Inspection Services
Our Strathfield building inspection services include:
- Pre-Purchase Building Inspections
- Pest and Termite Inspections
- Pool Barrier Certifications
- New Build Inspections
- Drug Residue Inspections
We’re independent of the buying and selling process or building process which means we offer a true third-party inspection to ensure your home is safe and that you’re getting exactly what you’re paying for – nothing less.
Strathfield Building Inspection Market Report
- Structural Integrity: One of the most critical aspects of a building inspection is assessing the structural integrity of the property. Our team will thoroughly examine the foundation, walls, ceilings, and other structural components to identify any signs of damage or deterioration.
- Building Maintenance: Regular building maintenance is essential for ensuring the longevity of your property. During our building inspection, we will inspect the overall condition of your property, including plumbing, electrical systems, HVAC systems, roofing, and more to identify any maintenance or repair needs.
- Safety Compliance: We will assess your property for compliance with safety regulations, including fire safety measures, electrical wiring standards, and accessibility requirements.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Visual Inspection: Clear View Property Inspections is proud to offer state-of-the-art UAV visual inspections. Using unmanned aerial vehicles, we can conduct visual inspections of buildings in a safer, more efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Energy Efficiency: As energy efficiency becomes increasingly important, our building inspection will assess the performance of your property’s insulation, windows, and HVAC systems to identify any areas where energy efficiency can be improved.
Strathfield has a range of infrastructure that caters to the needs of its residents and visitors. Some of the major infrastructure in the area include:
- Public Transport: Strathfield has a well-developed public transport system, with a major train station in the suburb’s centre. The T1 North Shore & Western Line and the T9 Northern Line serve the station, providing residents with easy access to other areas of Sydney. Strathfield is also serviced by several bus routes, which provide additional transport options for residents.
- Roads and Highways: Strathfield is located close to some major roads and highways, including the M4 Western Motorway, the Hume Highway, and Parramatta Road. These provide residents with easy access to other areas of Sydney and beyond.
- Education: Strathfield has a range of educational facilities, including some public and private schools, as well as tertiary institutions such as the Australian Catholic University and the Strathfield Campus of the University of Sydney.
- Health Facilities: Strathfield has several health facilities, including the Strathfield Private Hospital and a range of medical clinics and practices.
- Parks and Recreation: Strathfield has a range of parks and recreational facilities, including Strathfield Park, which is the largest park in the area and features a playground, sports fields, and picnic areas. Other parks in the area include Mason Park and Strathfield Square Park.
- Shopping Centres: Strathfield has a range of shopping centres, including Strathfield Plaza and Strathfield Square, which provide a range of retail and entertainment options for residents and visitors.
Strathfield has a range of infrastructure that caters to the needs of its residents and visitors. The suburb has a well-developed public transport system, easy access to major roads and highways, a range of educational facilities, health facilities, parks and recreation areas, and shopping centres. These infrastructure facilities contribute to the overall quality of life in the area.
Things to do
Strathfield is a bustling suburb of Sydney with plenty of things to see and do. Here are some of the top activities and attractions in the area:
- Strathfield Park: This is the largest park in the area, covering over 30 hectares of land. It is home to sports fields, a playground, picnic areas, and a network of walking and cycling paths. It is a great spot for a family day out, with plenty of activities to entertain everyone.
- Strathfield Plaza: This shopping centre is located in the heart of the suburb and is home to various shops, cafes, and restaurants. It is a popular spot for locals to grab a bite to eat or shop.
- High Street: This street is known for its wide range of restaurants, cafes, and bars. It is a great spot for a night out, with plenty of options for dinner and drinks.
- The Boulevarde: This tree-lined street is home to a range of historic buildings, including the Strathfield Town Hall and the Strathfield War Memorial. It is a great spot for a stroll and to soak up some of the suburb’s history and culture.
- Hudson Park Golf Course: This public golf course is located on the border of Strathfield and is a popular spot for golf enthusiasts. It offers an 18-hole course, a driving range, and putting green.
- Strathfield Library: This modern library offers a range of services, including book borrowing, study spaces, and computer access. It also hosts regular events and activities for children and adults.
- Strathfield Symphony Orchestra: This community orchestra comprises local musicians and performs regular concerts throughout the year. It is a great way to experience some live music and support the local arts scene.
In summary, Strathfield offers a range of activities and attractions for locals and visitors alike. From parks and shopping centres to historic buildings and cultural events, there is something for everyone in this vibrant suburb.
Strathfield Property Inspection Market Development
Strathfield is an inner-western suburb of Sydney that has seen significant development over the past decade. Here are some of the key development trends in the area:
- High-density residential development: Strathfield has seen a significant increase in high-density residential development, with a number of new apartment buildings being constructed in recent years. This is largely due to the suburb’s proximity to the CBD and its excellent transport links, making it an attractive location for those looking for convenient inner-city living.
- Mixed-use development: Many of the new developments in Strathfield are mixed-use, combining residential, commercial, and retail spaces in the same building. This trend has helped create a more vibrant and diverse community, with shops and services conveniently close to residents’ homes.
- Upgrade of public infrastructure: The local council has invested heavily in upgrading public infrastructure in Strathfield, including the construction of new parks and playgrounds and improvements to the local road network and public transport links. These upgrades have helped to make the suburb a more livable and attractive place to live.
- Renewal of heritage buildings: Strathfield has a number of historic buildings, many of which have been restored and repurposed for modern use. This trend has helped preserve the suburb’s heritage while creating new opportunities for businesses and residents.
- Sustainable development: Many of the new developments in Strathfield are designed with sustainability in mind, incorporating features such as solar panels, rainwater harvesting systems, and green roofs. This reflects a growing awareness of the importance of environmental sustainability and the need to reduce our carbon footprint.
Strathfield has experienced significant development in recent years, focusing on high-density residential and mixed-use development, public infrastructure upgrades, heritage renewal, and sustainability. These trends are helping to make the suburb a more livable and attractive place to live, work, and play. The real estate market in Strathfield, Sydney, NSW is considered one of the most sought-after and premium markets in Australia due to its prime location, excellent infrastructure, and quality of life. Here are some key developments and trends in the Strathfield real estate market:
- Housing Prices: Strathfield is known for its premium housing prices, with the median house price being over $2 million, and the median unit price being around $780,000 (as of 2021). This is due to its central location, easy access to public transport, high-quality schools, and the overall desirability of the suburb.
- New Developments: Strathfield has seen significant new residential developments in recent years, focusing on high-density apartment buildings. Many of these new developments offer modern amenities like swimming pools, gyms, and communal areas. Additionally, several luxury home developments are being built in the area, catering to the high-end market.
- Demand: The demand for property in Strathfield remains high, with strong interest from local and international buyers. This is due to the area’s excellent reputation, convenient location, and high quality of life. The demand is especially high for properties near the train station, as this offers easy access to the city.
- Rental Market: Strathfield has a strong rental market, with both long-term and short-term rentals available. The rental market is particularly strong for apartments in high demand due to their convenience and location. Rental prices in Strathfield are typically higher than the Sydney average, reflecting the area’s desirability.
- Future Development: Strathfield is set to undergo further development, with several major projects currently in the planning stage. This includes the redevelopment of the Strathfield Plaza shopping centre and the construction of new high-rise residential buildings. These developments are expected to enhance the area’s desirability further and increase property values.
The Strathfield real estate market is highly sought after, with high demand for both sales and rentals. The area’s premium housing prices and strong rental market reflect its reputation as a high-quality and desirable location. With further development planned for the area, Strathfield is expected to remain a highly attractive market for property buyers and investors.
Building Construction Projects
Several major construction projects are underway or in the planning stages in Strathfield, Sydney, NSW. Here are some of the most notable projects:
- Strathfield Plaza Redevelopment: The Strathfield Plaza shopping centre is currently undergoing a major redevelopment, which includes a new two-level shopping centre with over 100 specialty stores, a fresh food market, and an outdoor dining precinct. The project is expected to be completed in 2022 and will significantly enhance the retail offering in the area.
- The Crescent: This is a new residential development located on Parramatta Road, which will consist of two towers, one 28-storey and one 30-storey, and a total of 367 apartments. The development will include a range of amenities such as a rooftop infinity pool, landscaped gardens, and a gym. Construction on The Crescent is expected to be completed in 2022.
- The Gables: The Gables is a new luxury residential development located on Albert Road in Strathfield. The project consists of four luxurious homes, each with five bedrooms and featuring high-end finishes and fittings. The homes will be built on large blocks of land, including gardens, swimming pools, and outdoor entertaining areas.
- One The Waterfront: This new residential development is located in Wentworth Point, which is adjacent to Strathfield. The development consists of three towers, with a total of 280 apartments, and includes a range of amenities such as a rooftop terrace, infinity pool, and gym. The development is on the waterfront and offers spectacular views of Sydney Harbour.
- Strathfield Library and Innovation Hub: This project involves the redevelopment of the Strathfield Library to create a state-of-the-art library and innovation hub. The new facility will include meeting rooms, study spaces, and a range of innovative technologies to support learning and collaboration.
These major construction projects in Strathfield are expected to significantly enhance the local area, providing new amenities, retail offerings, and luxury residential options. The developments also reflect the ongoing demand for property in the area, with developers capitalising on Strathfield’s prime location and high desirability.
Commercial offices in Strathfield
Strathfield, Sydney has a variety of commercial office spaces available for businesses of all sizes. Here are some of the major commercial office buildings in Strathfield:
- Strathfield Plaza: Strathfield Plaza is a large shopping centre in the heart of Strathfield, including commercial office spaces. It offers a range of offices for lease, from small offices to larger spaces suitable for bigger businesses. The Plaza is close to Strathfield Station, making it convenient for businesses and customers.
- Strathfield Square: Strathfield Square is a modern commercial office building located in the heart of Strathfield. The building offers a range of office spaces suitable for small to medium-sized businesses. It features modern facilities such as a gym, conference rooms, and a rooftop terrace.
- 9 Redmyre Road: This modern commercial office building is located close to Strathfield Station and offers a range of office spaces suitable for small to medium-sized businesses. The building features modern facilities such as a gym, meeting rooms, and secure parking.
- 2-8 Parramatta Road: This modern commercial office building is located on the corner of Parramatta Road and Llandilo Avenue in Strathfield. It offers a range of office spaces suitable for small to medium-sized businesses, with modern facilities such as secure parking and meeting rooms.
- 12-14 Churchill Avenue: This commercial office building is located close to Strathfield Station and offers a range of office spaces suitable for small to medium-sized businesses. It features modern facilities such as a rooftop terrace and secure parking.
These commercial office buildings in Strathfield offer a range of modern facilities and convenient locations, making them attractive options for businesses looking to establish a presence in the area. The high demand for commercial office spaces in Strathfield reflects the area’s prime location and desirability as a business hub in Sydney.
Last month Strathfield had 188 properties available for rent and 146 properties for sale. Median property prices over the last year range from $3,450,000 for houses to $725,000 for units. If you are looking for an investment property, consider houses in Strathfield rented out for $750 PW with an annual rental yield of 1.4% and units rent for $480 PW with a rental yield of 3.6%. Based on five years of sales, Strathfield has seen a compound growth rate of 25.5% for houses and 2.1% for units. Suburbs next to Strathfield that have similar demographic and Building issues are Burwood, Concord, Homebush, Croydon, Enfield, Campsie, Five Dock, Ashfield and Canada Bay. Clear View Property inspections can help you with your next building inspection and report.