Building Inspection Mosman
Buying a home or building a property in Mosman
Welcome to Clear View Property Inspections in Mosman, where we provide comprehensive and reliable building inspection services. With years of experience in the industry, Clear View Property Inspections is your trusted partner in ensuring your property’s safety and integrity. Buying or selling a property is a significant investment, and it is essential to have a thorough understanding of its condition. Our team of highly qualified and licensed building inspectors are well-equipped to conduct detailed inspections using state-of-the-art technology and industry best practices. We understand that the primary purpose of a building inspection is to collect information about the technical performance of a building. This information is crucial in planning maintenance actions and ensuring the safety and longevity of the building.
Mosman Building Inspection Services
Several types of building inspections are commonly conducted in the suburb of Mosman.
a. Pre-Purchase Building Inspection: This inspection is done before a property is purchased. It identifies any existing or potential issues that might not be visible to the untrained eye, such as structural defects, pest infestations, and moisture-related problems.
b. Pre-Sale Building Inspection: Similar to a pre-purchase inspection, property sellers conduct this type of inspection to address issues before listing their property for sale, ensuring transparency and potentially enhancing the property’s marketability.
c. New Construction Inspection: These inspections occur during construction to monitor compliance with building codes and standards, ensuring that the property is built safely and to a satisfactory standard.
d. Dilapidation Inspection: This type of inspection is often carried out before construction or development occurs on adjacent properties to assess and document the condition of neighbouring properties. It helps prevent disputes by providing a baseline for any potential damage claims.
With many renovations, additions and extensions around the suburb, it has become a favourite for homeowners looking to get into the area. One of the common issues we have noticed in Mosman is that the older properties have no termite ant caps, poor subfloor access and ventilation plus site drainage issues. The inspector needs to be alert to these issues; they can be very costly to rectify and, in many cases, just not possible due to the age and design of the property.
Mosman is an affluent suburb in the Lower North Shore of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. It is known for its scenic waterfront views, iconic landmarks, and luxury real estate. Here is a detailed description of the demographics, social, and economic characteristics of Mosman:
According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, as of the 2016 Census, Mosman had a population of 28,475 people. The suburb has more females than males, with females making up 52.5% of the population. The median age in Mosman is 41 years, slightly higher than the national average. The majority of Mosman residents (68.2%) were born in Australia, while other common birthplaces include England, New Zealand, and China. The suburb has a highly educated population, with 62.1% of residents holding a bachelor’s degree or higher.
Mosman is known for its vibrant and active community. The suburb has a range of community events and activities throughout the year, including the Mosman Markets, the Mosman Art Prize, and the Mosman Festival. Mosman is also home to a number of social clubs and organizations, including the Mosman Rowing Club, Mosman Rugby Club, and Mosman Musical Society. The suburb has a strong sense of community, with residents actively involved in local events and initiatives.
Mosman is one of the wealthiest suburbs in Sydney, with a high median household income of $2,839 per week, significantly higher than the national average. The suburb has a high proportion of professional and managerial workers, with the most common industries being health care and social assistance, professional, scientific, and technical services, and education and training. Mosman is also a popular tourist destination, with several boutique shops, cafes, and restaurants in the area. The luxury real estate market significantly contributes to the local economy, with high-end properties attracting wealthy buyers both locally and internationally.
In summary, Mosman is an affluent and highly sought-after suburb of Sydney, known for its scenic views, luxury real estate, and vibrant community. The suburb has a highly educated and wealthy population, with various social and economic opportunities for residents and visitors alike.
At Clear View Property Inspections, we will provide you with a detailed building inspection with easy-to-read report which will identify all major and minor defects. We will use the latest technology equipment like our equipment below. Termatrac T3i (identify termites in-between walls with the latest sound waves technology).
Clear View Property Inspections are fully licensed Builders and Fully licensed and experienced pest management technicians meaning we can also help with trades and estimates on repairs plus treatment of active termites and prevention services to keep your home safe.
Building Inspection Mosman
Our Mosman building inspection services benefit:
- First time home buyers
- Experienced property owners
- Property investors
- Commercial buyers
- Builders and contractors
- Body corporates
- Building managers
At Clear View, we offer peace of mind with our Mosman building inspection services. We can do it all with a friendly smile. We are the most trustworthy building inspection company in Mosman.
Mosman Building Inspection Services
Our Mosman building inspection services include:
- Pre-Purchase Building Inspections
- Pest and Termite Inspections
- Pool Barrier Certifications
- New Build Inspections
- Drug Residue Inspections
We’re independent of the buying and selling process or building process which means we offer a true third-party inspection to ensure your home is safe and that you’re getting exactly what you’re paying for – nothing less.
Mosman Building Inspection Market Report
Common Building Inspection Issues Mosman Sydney NSW During our inspections, we frequently encounter common issues in Mosman, Sydney, NSW. These issues include:
Structural problems: We often find issues related to the structural integrity of buildings, such as cracks in walls or foundations, sagging floors, or signs of water damage. These issues can pose a significant risk to the safety and stability of the property.
Electrical system issues: We inspect the electrical systems of properties in Mosman and identify any potential hazards, such as outdated or faulty wiring, overloaded circuits, and inadequate grounding. These issues can pose a fire hazard and compromise the overall safety of the property.
Plumbing issues: Our inspections often uncover problems, such as leaks, clogged drains, and inefficient fixtures. Identifying these issues early on can save you time, money, and potential headaches. Our team of building inspectors utilizes a variety of tools and equipment to ensure a thorough and accurate assessment of the property. To perform our inspections, we employ state-of-the-art technology and industry best practices.
Mosman is well-known for its beautiful natural and man-made landmarks and attractions, making it a popular destination for both tourists and locals. Here are some of the major infrastructures in Mosman Sydney NSW:
- The Spit Bridge: The Spit Bridge is a major infrastructure landmark in Mosman that connects the North Shore with the Northern Beaches. The bridge is an important road and pedestrian link, with stunning views of Middle Harbour.
- Taronga Zoo: Taronga Zoo is a popular tourist attraction in Mosman, showcasing a wide range of animals from Australia and around the world. The zoo has a range of exhibits and interactive experiences for visitors, including the popular ‘Roar and Snore’ overnight camping experience.
- Sydney Harbour National Park: Sydney Harbour National Park is a protected natural area in Mosman, featuring stunning coastal and bushland walks, beautiful beaches, and scenic lookout points. The park is home to a range of native wildlife and provides a peaceful retreat for locals and visitors alike.
- Balmoral Beach: Balmoral Beach is a popular beach in Mosman, offering beautiful views of Sydney Harbour and a range of recreational activities such as swimming, kayaking, and paddleboarding.
- Mosman Ferry Wharf: The Mosman Ferry Wharf is a major transportation hub in Mosman, providing ferry services to the central business district of Sydney and other destinations around Sydney Harbour.
- Military Road: Military Road is a major commercial and transportation artery running through Mosman, providing access to a range of shops, cafes, and restaurants, as well as public transportation services such as buses.
- Mosman Art Gallery: The Mosman Art Gallery is a community-focused cultural hub located in Mosman, showcasing a range of contemporary and historical art exhibitions and events.
Mosman has a range of major infrastructure, including natural and man-made landmarks, transportation hubs, recreational facilities, and cultural institutions. These attractions contribute significantly to the suburb’s popularity and appeal, making it a desirable place to live and visit.
Things to do
Mosman is a beautiful suburb in Sydney’s Lower North Shore that offers a range of activities and attractions for locals and visitors alike. Here are some of the top things to do in Mosman:
- Visit Taronga Zoo: Taronga Zoo is a popular tourist attraction in Mosman, showcasing a wide range of animals from Australia and around the world. The zoo has a range of exhibits and interactive experiences for visitors, including the popular ‘Roar and Snore’ overnight camping experience.
- Explore Balmoral Beach: Balmoral Beach is a beautiful beach in Mosman, offering stunning views of Sydney Harbour and a range of recreational activities such as swimming, kayaking, and paddleboarding.
- Walk along the Cremorne Point to Mosman Bay Walk: This scenic coastal walk is a beautiful way to explore the stunning views of Sydney Harbour and the city skyline. The walk passes through historic sites such as the Taronga Zoo, secluded beaches and beautiful residential streets.
- Discover Mosman Village: Mosman Village is a bustling commercial area in the suburb’s heart, offering a range of boutique shops, cafes, and restaurants. It’s a great place to explore the local culture and sample some of the best food and drinks in the area.
- Visit the Mosman Art Gallery: The Mosman Art Gallery is a community-focused cultural hub located in Mosman, showcasing a range of contemporary and historical art exhibitions and events.
- Take a ferry ride: Mosman has a range of ferry services that provide a scenic and convenient way to explore Sydney Harbour and its surrounding suburbs. The ferry ride from Mosman to Circular Quay offers stunning views of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
- Walk through the Sydney Harbour National Park: The Sydney Harbour National Park is a protected natural area located in Mosman, featuring stunning coastal and bushland walks, beautiful beaches, and scenic lookout points. The park is home to a range of native wildlife and provides a peaceful retreat for locals and visitors alike.
Mosman offers a range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy, from exploring the local culture and cuisine to taking in the stunning natural and man-made landmarks. There is something for everyone in this beautiful suburb of Sydney.
Mosman Property Inspection Market Development
As the property market in Mosman continues to grow and evolve, buyers, sellers, and real estate professionals must stay informed about the condition and quality of the buildings they are dealing with. Building inspections play a vital role in providing peace of mind and ensuring the safety and functionality of properties in Mosman. Clear View Property Inspections is proud to offer our top-notch building inspection services in the prestigious Mosman, Sydney, NSW suburb. With a team of highly trained and experienced inspectors, we are dedicated to delivering thorough and accurate assessments that exceed industry standards. Our comprehensive inspections cover all aspects of the property, including structural integrity, electrical systems, plumbing, heating and cooling systems, and more.
We take pride in offering a range of building inspection options tailored to meet the specific needs of our clients in Mosman. Whether you are a homeowner looking to identify any potential issues before putting your property on the market, a buyer wanting to ensure your future home is in top shape, or a real estate agent seeking to provide added value to your clients, Clear View Property Inspections has got you covered. Our comprehensive building inspection services cover all aspects of the property, including structural integrity, electrical systems, plumbing, heating and cooling systems, and more.
Mosman is a highly sought-after suburb on the Lower North Shore of Sydney, known for its stunning waterfront views, prestigious homes, and high-end shopping and dining options. The development trends in Mosman have been characterized by a focus on luxury and quality, with a growing demand for larger, more spacious homes and apartments and high-end retail and commercial developments.
One notable trend in Mosman has been redeveloping older homes and buildings into modern, high-end structures. Many older homes have been extensively renovated or replaced entirely with modern designs that take advantage of Mosman’s natural beauty and waterfront views. There has also been an increase in the construction of luxury apartment complexes, catering to the growing demand for apartment living in the area.
Another trend in Mosman has been the development of high-end retail and commercial spaces. The area is home to many upscale boutiques, restaurants, cafes, and professional services such as law firms and financial advisors. This has led to a growing demand for commercial real estate in the area, with new developments to cater to this market.
Regarding infrastructure, Mosman is well-connected to the rest of Sydney via public transportation, with regular bus services and ferries to Circular Quay and other destinations. The area also has several parks and recreational facilities, including the famous Taronga Zoo and the Mosman Swim Centre. The development of these facilities has contributed to Mosman’s reputation as a desirable place to live and visit.
Overall, the development trends in Mosman are focused on high-end luxury and quality, with a growing demand for spacious homes, luxury apartments, and high-end retail and commercial spaces. The real estate market in Mosman, Sydney NSW is one of the city’s most exclusive and sought-after markets. The suburb’s stunning waterfront views, leafy streets, and proximity to some of Sydney’s best schools and amenities have made it a highly desirable location for local and international buyers.
Over the past decade, the real estate market in Mosman has experienced steady growth, with prices for homes and apartments continuing to rise. This has been fueled by a growing demand for luxury properties and the limited supply of homes in the area. The market is dominated by high-end homes, with many properties boasting panoramic views of Sydney Harbour and the city skyline. There has been a growing trend towards modern, open-plan designs that take advantage of Mosman’s natural beauty and stunning views in recent years.
The apartment market in Mosman is also strong, with several high-end complexes catering to the growing demand for luxury apartment living. Many of these complexes offer state-of-the-art facilities and amenities, such as swimming pools, gyms, and concierge services, further adding to the appeal of living in Mosman. Regarding price trends, the median house price in Mosman is well above the Sydney average, with some properties selling for over $10 million. Despite this, demand for property in Mosman remains high, with strong competition among buyers driving prices even higher.
Overall, the real estate market in Mosman is characterized by high-end luxury and exclusivity, with strong demand from local and international buyers driving prices higher. Despite the high prices, Mosman remains one of the most sought-after locations in Sydney, with its stunning views, prestigious schools, and high-end amenities continuing to attract buyers worldwide.
Building Construction Projects
Mosman, being a high-end residential area, has seen several major construction projects in recent years, including:
- The Balmoral Beach Foreshore Promenade: This project involved the construction of a 750m-long pedestrian promenade along the Balmoral Beach foreshore. The project was completed in 2018 and has become a popular spot for locals and tourists.
- The Mosman Swim Centre Upgrade: This project involved the upgrade and expansion of the Mosman Swim Centre, which included the construction of a new 50m outdoor pool, indoor program pool, and a new gymnasium. The project was completed in 2019 and has been well-received by the local community.
- The Mosman Art Gallery Redevelopment: This project involved the redevelopment of the Mosman Art Gallery, which included constructing a new gallery space, education centre, and cafe. The project was completed in 2020 and has since become a hub for the local arts community.
- The Ashton Retirement Living Complex: This project involves the construction of a new retirement living complex on Spit Road, Mosman. The complex will feature 22 luxury apartments, communal gardens, and a rooftop terrace. Construction is expected to be completed in 2022.
- The Mosman Bay Wharf Upgrade: This project involves upgrading the Mosman Bay Wharf, which includes the construction of a new ferry terminal, waiting area, and amenities. The project is expected to be completed in 2023 and will improve access to Mosman for commuters and tourists.
These major construction projects in Mosman aim to enhance the community’s lifestyle and provide better access to amenities, transportation, and public spaces.
Commercial offices in Mosman
Mosman is primarily a residential area, and the suburb has relatively few commercial offices. The majority of commercial activity takes place in the Mosman Junction area, where there are a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes.
There are a few notable commercial buildings in Mosman, including:
- The Buena: Located on Military Road, The Buena is a historic pub that has been extensively renovated to include various food and drink options, function rooms, and a boutique hotel.
- Mosman Corporate Centre: This modern office building is located on Spit Road, and is home to a variety of businesses, including law firms, financial advisors, and healthcare providers.
- Mosman Village Suites: This modern building on Military Road offers serviced apartments and office space for short-term and long-term stays.
- 3-5 Myahgah Road: This recently refurbished commercial building offers office space and a ground-floor retail space in a prime location near Mosman Junction.
Overall, while Mosman does not have many commercial office buildings, the suburb’s affluent population and desirable location ensure high demand for high-quality office space.
Last month Mosman had 251 properties available for rent and 115 properties for sale. Over the last year, median property prices range from $5,405,000 for houses to $1,237,500 for units. If you are looking for an investment property, consider houses in Mosman rented out for $1,800 PW with an annual rental yield of 2.2% and units rent for $575 PW with a rental yield of 2.8%. Based on five years of sales, Mosman has seen a compound growth rate of 21.3% for houses and 19.3% for units. Other areas next to Mosman with similar building issues are Cremorne, Neutral Bay, Cammeray, Northbridge, Kirribilli, Crows Nest, Naremburn, St Leonards, Wollstonecraft and Greenwich. Clear View Property inspections can help you with your next building inspection.