Building Inspection Coogee
Inspecting a home and building a property in Coogee
At Clear View Property Inspections, we are committed to providing professional and comprehensive building inspection services in the beautiful suburb of Coogee in Sydney, NSW. Our team of experienced and licensed building inspectors are trained to meticulously assess residential and commercial properties, ensuring that our clients clearly understand the overall condition of the property they are interested in. Our goal is to give our clients a clear view of the property they are considering purchasing or selling. With a proven track record of excellence, Clear View Property Inspections is your trusted partner for all your building inspection needs in Coogee.
Coogee has had major growth throughout the years with many developments, high-density buildings like apartment blocks constructed, but there is also a variety of free-standing homes ranging from new builds and existing older homes. When inspecting a property in Coogee, Sydney NSW, there are several issues that potential buyers or tenants should be aware of. These issues can impact the value and livability of the property and should be carefully evaluated before making a decision. There are several major property inspection issues that potential buyers or tenants should be aware of when inspecting a property in Coogee, Sydney NSW. By carefully evaluating these issues and seeking professional advice, you can decide whether a particular property is right for you.
Coogee Building Inspection Services
Several types of building inspections are commonly conducted in the suburb of Coogee:
a. Pre-Purchase Building Inspection: This inspection is done before a property is purchased. It identifies any existing or potential issues that might not be visible to the untrained eye, such as structural defects, pest infestations, and moisture-related problems.
b. Pre-Sale Building Inspection: Similar to a pre-purchase inspection, this type of inspection is conducted by property sellers to address issues before listing their property for sale, ensuring transparency and potentially enhancing the property’s marketability.
c. New Construction Inspection: These inspections occur during construction to monitor compliance with building codes and standards, ensuring that the property is built safely and to a satisfactory standard.
d. Dilapidation Inspection: This type of inspection is often carried out before construction or development occurs on adjacent properties to assess and document the condition of neighbouring properties. It helps prevent disputes by providing a baseline for any potential damage claims.
It’s very popular due to its proximity to the beach, local cafes etc. The biggest issue we have identified is the older properties, whether renovated or not, have fundamental issues. This is limited subfloor access, poor ventilation, dampness, poor site drainage and termite issues.
Coogee is a beachside suburb located in the eastern suburbs of Sydney, Australia. It is a diverse and vibrant community with many residents from different backgrounds. Here is a detailed description of the demographics, social, and economic characteristics of Coogee:
- According to the 2016 Census, the population of Coogee was 15,212, with a relatively even gender split.
- The median age of residents in Coogee was 35 years, which is lower than the national median age of 38 years.
- The majority of residents were born in Australia (60.2%), followed by England (6.3%), Ireland (3.9%), and New Zealand (3.1%).
- English is Coogee’s most commonly spoken language, followed by Mandarin and Spanish.
- Coogee’s median weekly household income was $2,056, which is higher than the national median of $1,438.
- Coogee is a diverse and multicultural community with a mix of residents from different backgrounds.
- The community is known for its active and healthy lifestyle, with many residents taking advantage of the beach and surrounding parks for exercise and recreation.
- Coogee has a strong sense of community, with many local groups and organizations working to improve the area and promote social cohesion.
- Coogee is a relatively affluent suburb with a high median household income compared to the national average.
- The main industries in Coogee are professional, scientific, and technical services, healthcare and social assistance, and education and training.
- Coogee’s unemployment rate is below the national average, at 3.7%.
- The cost of living in Coogee is relatively high, with a median house price of $2.5 million and a median rent of $1,000 per week.
In summary, Coogee is a diverse and affluent beachside suburb with a strong sense of community and a focus on health and wellbeing. The area has a mix of residents from different backgrounds, and the main industries are professional services, healthcare, and education. While the cost of living is relatively high, the community enjoys a relatively low unemployment rate and a high median household income.
There are also many opportunities for buying older-style properties and doing renovations. We can help identify key opportunities and ensure you do not buy a money pit. At Clear View Property Inspections, we will provide you with a detailed building inspection with an easy-to-read report which will identify all major and minor defects. We will use the latest technology equipment like our equipment below.
Termatrac T3i (identify termites in-between walls with the latest sound waves technology). Clear View Property Inspections are fully licensed Builders and Fully licensed and experienced pest management technicians, meaning we can also help with trades and estimates on repairs plus treatment of active termites and prevention services to keep your home safe.
Building Inspection Coogee
Our Coogee building inspection services benefit:
- First time home buyers
- Experienced property owners
- Property investors
- Commercial buyers
- Builders and contractors
- Body corporates
- Building managers
At Clear View, we offer peace of mind with our Coogee building inspection services. We can do it all with a friendly smile. We are the most trustworthy building inspection company in Coogee.
Coogee Building Inspection Services
Our Coogee building inspection services include:
- Pre-Purchase Building Inspections
- Pest and Termite Inspections
- Pool Barrier Certifications
- New Build Inspections
- Drug Residue Inspections
We’re independent of the buying and selling process or building process which means we offer a true third-party inspection to ensure your home is safe and that you’re getting exactly what you’re paying for – nothing less.
Coogee Building Inspection Market Report
Based on its average 5-year and quarterly capital gains, the suburb saw average growth in the long term. The suburb also delivered a stronger performance in contrast to other Australian suburbs in terms of appreciation of property value. Investors saw the median home price rise to $3,830,000. The upward trend in home prices in COOGEE, 2034 averaged 13.18% per annum over 3 years. Average weekly rents on listings have reached the $1225 mark, reflecting a 1.66% return increase based on the current median price in COOGEE. An average of 5.25 real estate transactions occur monthly in COOGEE which translates to 63 per annum. 63 properties were sold in COOGEE in 2016, making it the 437th most active market in NSW based on total real estate transactions. COOGEE, 2034, places 1282nd in Australia based on median property value growth during the quarter.
Coogee is well-known for its stunning beaches, beautiful coastal walks, and vibrant local community. Several major infrastructure projects and amenities in the area support the local community and contribute to its overall quality of life.
- Public transport: Coogee is well-connected to the rest of Sydney via public transport. The suburb is served by several bus routes, including the 374, 373, and 372, which provide easy access to nearby suburbs and the Sydney CBD.
- Roads and highways: Coogee is located near several major roads and highways, including the Eastern Distributor and the Southern Cross Drive. These roads provide easy access to the Sydney CBD and other parts of the city.
- Health care facilities: Coogee is home to several health care facilities, including the Prince of Wales Hospital and the Royal Hospital for Women. These hospitals provide a range of medical services and support to the local community.
- Schools and universities: Coogee is home to several schools, including Coogee Public School and St Brigid’s Catholic Primary School. The suburb is also near several universities, including the University of New South Wales and the University of Sydney.
- Parks and recreation areas: Coogee has several parks and recreation areas, including the Coogee Beach Reserve, Goldstein Reserve, and Grant Reserve. These parks offer a range of facilities, including playgrounds, BBQ areas, and sports fields.
- Community facilities: Coogee has several community facilities, including the Coogee Surf Life Saving Club and the Coogee Bowling Club. These facilities provide a range of activities and services to the local community, including sports, social events, and community programs.
Overall, Coogee is a well-developed suburb with many infrastructure projects and amenities that support the local community and contribute to its overall quality of life. The suburb is well-connected to the rest of Sydney via public transport and major roads, and it has a range of healthcare facilities, schools, parks, and community facilities that support the needs of residents and visitors alike.
Things to do
The area is well-known for its stunning beaches, beautiful coastal walks, and vibrant local community. There are plenty of things to do in Coogee, whether you are looking for outdoor activities, cultural experiences, or delicious food and drinks. Here are some of the top things to do in Coogee:
- Spend time at the beach: Coogee Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Sydney. It offers a large expanse of sand, calm waters, and excellent swimming and surfing conditions. Plenty of cafes, bars, and restaurants along the beachfront make it a great place to relax and soak up the sun.
- Take a coastal walk: The Coogee to Bondi Coastal Walk is one of the most popular walks in Sydney. The six-kilometre trail takes you along stunning coastal cliffs, past beautiful beaches, and picturesque parks. The walk takes around two hours to complete and is suitable for all fitness levels.
- Visit the Wylie’s Baths: Wylie’s Baths is a historic ocean pool on the Coogee waterfront. The pool was built in 1907 and is a popular spot for swimming and sunbathing. It offers stunning ocean views and is surrounded by beautiful rock formations.
- Explore the local markets: Coogee has several weekly markets, including the Coogee Markets and the Bondi Farmers Market. The markets offer a wide range of fresh produce, artisanal crafts, and delicious food and drinks.
- Try the local cuisine: Coogee has a vibrant food and drink scene, with plenty of cafes, bars, and restaurants. Some of the must-try dishes include fish and chips, seafood platters, and Aussie-style burgers.
- Attend a local event: Coogee has several annual events, including the Coogee Family Fun Day, the Coogee Carols, and the Coogee Arts Festival. These events offer a chance to experience the local culture and connect with the community.
Overall, Coogee is a beautiful and vibrant suburb with many things to do and see. Whether you are looking for outdoor activities, cultural experiences, or delicious food and drinks, Coogee has something for everyone.
Coogee Property Inspection Market Development
Coogee is a coastal suburb located in the eastern suburbs of Sydney, Australia. It is a highly sought-after area for real estate investors and home buyers due to its proximity to the beach, stunning ocean views, and convenient location within easy reach of the city centre.
Over the past decade, the real estate market in Coogee has experienced significant development and growth. The suburb has seen a steady increase in property prices, making it one of the most expensive areas to buy a home in Sydney. The demand for housing in Coogee has been driven by several factors, including its stunning natural beauty, proximity to the beach, and reputation as a vibrant and diverse community.
One of the key drivers of the real estate market in Coogee has been the construction of new apartment buildings and townhouses. Developers have been attracted to the area due to the high demand for housing and the limited availability of land for new construction projects. The new developments have brought an influx of young professionals and families to the area, further driving up property prices.
Another factor contributing to the growth of the real estate market in Coogee has been the increasing popularity of short-term rentals. With the rise of platforms like Airbnb, many property owners have turned their homes into lucrative vacation rentals, particularly during the summer months. This has led to a surge in demand for properties in Coogee, particularly those with ocean views and proximity to the beach.
Overall, the real estate market in Coogee has experienced steady growth and development over the past decade, with no signs of slowing down. As demand for housing in Sydney continues to rise, the coastal suburb of Coogee is likely to remain a highly sought-after area for real estate investors and home buyers alike.
Building Construction Projects
Coogee is a densely populated suburb in Sydney’s eastern suburbs, known for its beautiful beaches, parks, and cosmopolitan lifestyle. Over the past few years, there have been several major construction projects in the area, designed to improve infrastructure and provide better amenities for the local community. Here are some of the significant construction projects in Coogee:
- Randwick City Coastal Walk – The Randwick City Coastal Walk is a significant infrastructure project in Coogee. It is a 6 km walkway that connects the beaches of Coogee, Clovelly, and Maroubra. The walkway features stunning coastal views and provides better access to the beaches and parks in the area.
- Coogee Pavilion – The Coogee Pavilion is a landmark entertainment venue in Coogee, featuring three levels of bars, restaurants, and event spaces. The project involved redeveloping an existing building, which has been transformed into a modern, stylish venue popular with locals and tourists alike.
- Coogee Bay Road Streetscape Upgrade – The Coogee Bay Road Streetscape Upgrade is a project designed to improve the pedestrian experience along Coogee Bay Road. The project involved the installation of new lighting, street furniture, and landscaping, as well as the creation of wider footpaths and improved pedestrian crossings.
- The Spot – The Spot is a multi-purpose entertainment venue in Randwick, located close to Coogee. The project involved the restoration of an existing heritage building, which has been transformed into a vibrant entertainment hub featuring a cinema, restaurants, and bars.
- St Vincent’s Private Hospital – St Vincent’s Private Hospital is a new development development near Randwick. The hospital features state-of-the-art facilities and services, including a cancer centre, cardiac services, and orthopedic surgery.
In summary, the major construction projects in Coogee and the surrounding area are designed to improve infrastructure, provide better amenities for locals and tourists, and enhance the overall experience of living in this vibrant and cosmopolitan community. From coastal walks and streetscape upgrades to entertainment venues and new hospitals, these projects demonstrate the ongoing investment in the area and its ongoing development.
Coogee is a vibrant beachside suburb in Sydney’s eastern suburbs. Over the past few years, the area has undergone significant development. New residential and commercial projects are designed to improve infrastructure, enhance amenities, and provide better services for the local community. Here are some of the development trends in Coogee:
- High-density residential developments – Coogee has seen an increase in high-density residential developments, with a focus on modern, luxury apartments designed to appeal to young professionals and families. These developments often feature communal areas, including pools, gyms, and gardens, and are located close to shops, restaurants, and transport links.
- Streetscape upgrades – Coogee has undergone several streetscape upgrades in recent years, designed to improve the pedestrian experience and create a more attractive and accessible community. These upgrades have included the installation of new lighting, street furniture, landscaping, wider footpaths, and improved pedestrian crossings.
- Entertainment and dining precincts – Coogee has seen an increase in entertainment and dining precincts, with the development of new venues and the renovation of existing buildings. These precincts offer a range of dining and entertainment options, including cafes, bars, and restaurants, and are popular with locals and tourists alike.
- Sustainable development – Coogee is committed to sustainable development, with a focus on reducing waste, conserving energy, and promoting eco-friendly practices. Many new developments incorporate sustainable features, including solar panels, rainwater harvesting, and green roofs.
- Transport upgrades – Coogee has seen several improvements in recent years designed to improve connectivity and reduce congestion. These upgrades have included the installation of new cycle lanes and improved public transport links, including bus and light rail services.
In summary, the development trends in Coogee are focused on improving infrastructure, enhancing amenities, and providing better services for the local community. With a focus on high-density residential developments, entertainment and dining precincts, sustainable development, and transport upgrades, Coogee is poised for continued growth and development in the years to come.
Commercial offices in Coogee
While many small businesses are operating in the area, there are currently no major commercial office buildings in Coogee itself. However, several commercial office buildings are located nearby in the surrounding suburbs of Randwick, Bondi Junction, and the Sydney CBD.
- Randwick: The neighboring suburb of Randwick is home to several large commercial office buildings, including the Randwick Plaza and the Randwick Professional Centre. These buildings offer a range of office spaces for businesses of all sizes, from small start-ups to large corporations.
- Bondi Junction: The nearby suburb of Bondi Junction is home to the Westfield Bondi Junction shopping center, which includes several floors of commercial office space. The building offers a range of amenities, including 24-hour security, on-site parking, and easy access to public transport.
- Sydney CBD: The Sydney CBD is located just a short drive or train ride away from Coogee and is home to some of the largest and most prestigious commercial office buildings in Australia. Some of the most well-known buildings in the area include the Sydney Tower, the MLC Centre, and the Australia Square Tower.
While there are currently no major commercial office buildings in Coogee itself, the suburb is home to a thriving local economy and a range of small businesses, including cafes, restaurants, boutiques, and specialty shops. As the demand for office space in Sydney continues to grow, new commercial office buildings may be developed in the area in the future.
Last month Coogee had 221 properties available for rent and 52 for sale. Over the last year, median property prices range from $3,705,000 for houses to $1,444,000 for units. If you are looking for an investment property, consider houses in Coogee rented out for $1,397 PW with an annual rental yield of 2.1% and units rented for $670 PW with a rental yield of 2.7%. Based on five years of sales, Coogee has seen a compound growth rate of 16.5% for houses and 14.8% for units. Suburbs next to Coogee that have similar demographic and Building issues are: Randwick, Clovelly, Kingsford, East Gardens, Mascot, Rosebery, and Kensington. Clear View Property inspections can help you with your next building inspection and report.